U8-U10 Academy Program Information
The Academy Program is a state sponsored program that has been adopted by many area clubs and is the first step for players that desire a more challenging environment. The Academy focus is on an individual player’s technical development which is the building block for future development, instead of putting emphasis on teams and team results. Evaluations are held each May, but if space is available, the Academy Director can add players at any time. If you are interested in having your son or daughter evaluated for the Academy please contact our Academy Director, Ron Talley at email@example.com
The Academy Program philosophy is to emphasize player development over team development and focus on the technical development of each child without the pressures of short term wins/losses/results.
- KSA has an established yearly curriculum for its Academy Program.
- The Academy Director will hold a National Youth License.
- All Academy Program coaches will hold an NCYSA Youth II Module license.
- We will place players in groupings based on each individual player’s needs for both training and games/festivals. We will play games against teams mainly in the Triad area, but will have 4-6 trips per year to the Charlotte or Raliegh area. When traveling more than 1 hour from Kernersville, each player will play a minimum of 2 games.
- Each player will receive a minimum two written evaluations per year.
- Players that are U8 thru U10 for the 2010-2011 are eligible for the Academy Program.
- Players with be provided a minimum of two practices per week. (Tuesday & Friday)
- Training will be conducted in a pool training format based on the individual player’s needs.
- Additional Technical training sessions (Wednesday)
- Set teams will not be formed in the Academy Program, we will generally mix our players
The Academy Program is supported by US Youth Soccer and the United States Soccer Federation.
Questions: Contact Ron Talley at firstname.lastname@example.org